Tuesday, December 31, 2013

365-what did you do?

Happy Thing of the Day: New Year's EVE!!


Tonight, the whole world will countdown to midnight in their respective cities, states, and countries.  The ball will drop and a brand new year will begin.  Naturally, today people will not only be looking forward to the new year, but also at the year that has passed.  What did you do with your last 365 days of life?

Here's a look at the resolutions I made last year:

Lose weight
Get straight A's
Get organized
Save money
Keep the house clean
Join a Bible study


Here's what my year actually looked like:

Started an extended break from college
(my freshman year at UW)

Started this blog


Found an amazing job (which came with a lot less financial stress)

Wade found a new job (again, less financial stress)
(Wade's Christmas Work Party)

Got engaged and started planning my wedding!

Wade and I got a new truck

Found out I'm going to be an AUNT!

Watched two of our best friends say "I DO"

Celebrated my Grandparents' 50th anniversary

Lost my childhood puppy.

I may not have fulfilled all of my "resolutions" from last year, but my year was amazing regardless.  God works in incredible ways.  He changed my whole outlook on my world, made me a stronger Christian, and my life has changed so much for the better because of that.

My year was filled with Love! My year was filled with Joy! My year ended with me finding the hope, which was what this journey was all about! But it's not over yet.  Here's to 2014, and all the fun it will bring!

No comments:

Post a Comment